No matter how many times you flip the channels, for some reason you are compelled to watch Alec Trebek on Jeopardy. Is it his dreamy eyes? His salted,rather than peppered hair? Is it the hypnotic blue screeneded background that you can never quite focus on?
Or is it the question that draws you in?
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Posted by OceanZealot at 7:48 AM
Thursday, April 16, 2009
If you know what a "Tweet" is you are far ahead of most of society.
Twitter is a service that lets you send a "micro-blog", up to 140 characters in length. These messages can be sent SMS, IM, the Twitter website, or many other third party applications.
Many people use the popular application Twitter, a.k.a Twittering: from comedian Dane Cook, to musician Dave Matthews, even our newly elected President Barack Obama supposedly uses the application!
See more on BostonCS's Blog on Celebrity Twitters
Even I have a Twitter and you can Follow Me on there too!
Recently there was a mini, pseudo-feud between talk show host, Ellen Degeneres and rapper, MC Hammer. Seeing who Ellen twittered next and whether or not MC Hammer was going to tweet to her unresolved twitter was quite entertaining. They even had videos posted to each other describing their delay of communication on Twitter.
When Ellen finally received his Tweet she responded with her own video which also included her mom! I laughed hysterically when I saw this. Her mom is soo cool. I'm wondering if I could ever talk my mom into doing one of these. See the Ellen rap with her mom to MC Hammer's Twitter Response
Here are some sites that I still have to check out. If you have any experience with any of these please provide comments. Sharing information about tools that work and don't work is the only way that we can find the best Twitter tools. I can use some of the reviews to put next to the website, offering visitors more information about these tools. AND... if you have any other suggestions let me know and I will add them to my blog.
- Magpie - Seen Magpie yet?Get money from finding advertisers that want to advertise on your twitter. According to the website, "For any new Advertiser who signs up through your personal referral link, you will earn a 30% commission of our transaction fees. Not just once, but for the whole first year this Advertiser buys campaigns on Magpie!" Use my referral link to make more money http://be-a-magpie.com/xhlig7
- Twittervision - A geographical visualization, in real time, of posts to Twitter. Its a Twitter mashed up with Googlemaps. You must have an image, twitter account and a location to be identified on the map. It is a pretty neat site that allows you to see the world in a classic map like view or in an outer space view where you see the entire planet Earth in 3-D.
- TwitterButtons - What a neat Twitter Tool site. I have used this "make your own Follow Me" Twitter linkable image. Tired of typing your Twitter link and then writing in the html script for people to follow you? Is the look of a hot link to your Twitter page too boring? Try out this tool and see if you can't get more Tweeters. It is quick and easy to make your own Twitter Follow button in one second!
- Twtvite - Need help planning a meetup, then why not have a Tweetup? LOL. I haven't used this service yet. But I am planning on trying it out for the next gathering I have. If I link it to my Facebook, LinkedIn, and MySpace, I'll have covered almost every major social network that I am active on. I know I might have missed a few others. But then again, with Twtvite I won't have to do that, right? If you are longing for face to face contact you can even find a local tweet up in your area.
- Twittonary - Not quite sure of all the Twitter-ific words out there? Need a place that can help you with basic internet language? Then try the Twittonary! You can try searching for a word a searching through the Twitter-ish dictionary.
- TweetDeck - According to the website, "TweetDeck is your personal browser for staying in touch with what’s happening now, connecting you with your contacts across Twitter, Facebook and more.TweetDeck shows you everything you want to see at once, so you can stay organised and up to date."
- TwitPic - As if texting your friends your photos, now you can Twitter them! You can post pictures from your phone, the internet...just about anywhere.
- FutureTweets - I just signed up for this service. It seems like a great concept. I'll let you know how it goes. Basically the idea is that through FutureTweets you can schedule your Twitter to update with messages according to a particular schedule.Those of you that update often might want to use this service.
- Remember the Milk - A way to organize your tasks on the go, this way you don't have to worry about remembering the milk. You can organize items into lists, access your online tasks offline, locate on a map your task, and so much more.
- Twitalyzer - You can find out how you rank in the Twittering world based on influence, signal-to-noise ratio, velocity, generosity, and clout. Do you dare to see where you stand? Type in your Twitter user name and check it out!
- CelebrityTweet! - Now you too can stalk your own celebrity on Twitter. I'm not sure if I like it or if it is mildly disturbing. But either way it satisfies my celeb-reality addiction!
While scrolling through the internet for information on reality dating shows, I came across websites of disappointed girls that were rejected from the dating show they casted for.
Really? People actually believe that they are going to appear on a reality TV show and find their TRUE LOVE of which they can have a lasting relationship? I even wrote about some love advice taken from watching a particular reality dating show, for the Love of Ray J. Take a look at it and post some comments on what you though. Dating advice taken from watching Danger on for the Love of Ray J.
Sure works doesn't it? Just ask Brett Michaels...How many reality dating shows is he on now? I mean on the Rock of Love Bus on continuation from the Rock of Love 1 and 2. So is third time the charm? I mean he did come out with a proposal ring in hopes that it will lead to an engagement. I haven't searched the gossip news yet to find out how its all working out for him and his Penthouse Playmate of they Year model.
And then what about Flavor Flav? I mean the poor guy feel in love with Bridgette Nielsen on The Surreal Life and she broke his heart. Don't get me wrong the latest tabloid reports stated that they still remain friends. But he had how many Flavor of Loves? I don't even know if he is still with the last one he chose? Anyone?
I mean think about it. On another Surreal Life you had that Brady Bunch guy and the Next Top Model Chick! They even had their own Reality TV show for a little while. I can't think of the name of it. I think they are still together but My Fair Brady was looking like it might be a little rough.
Monday, April 13, 2009
Easter dinner has been over for hours. The dishes are piled up in the sink waiting to be washed. Leftovers have crudely been crammed into the fridge awaiting their slaughter at breakfast. The sounds of family snoring is echoing throughout the house and the cat is still farting pink string from the Easter baskets.
But with Bunny Day over and all of the things that need to be done to close the day (dishes, kicking out visiting family, and reorganizing the overstuffed fridge) I still can't sleep. So my endless wandering throughout the internet has brought me across some of the funniest Easter images. Please feel free to add more or comment on the ones that are found.
Maybe these kids will do a little taste testing?
And I thought that I had it rough waking up in the morning.
SO this is what the peeps and chicks do after the holiday...
Easter Facts you wished you knew at dinner.
I'm not sure about you. But I could have used some interesting topics to hear over Easter Dinner instead of politics, money, and who was going to clean the bathroom after Uncle Jack made his yearly visit to my porcelain throne. So keep these thoughts in mind for next year's Easter Dinner table topics.
- The Easter Bunny originally started out as the Easter Hare. But since the bunny was a more recognizable name and easier to fit on a greeting card the change was made. Bunnies are signs of fruitfulness and fertility. CAUTION - Bringing up this topic might be uncomfortable to your family members still awaiting their acceptance to the Jerry Springer Show's Which one of these 100 Men is the Babies Daddy?
- For many years there was complaints that the Easter holiday was slipping away from its true religious sense. But many chocolate companies were having a hard time marketing their Crucifix Chocolate. The test marketers for the Chocolate Crucifix had a hard time trying to eat the product. Thankfully the companies stayed away from the idea of making each cross cherry filled.
My Easter memories have stuck with me over the years. Thankfully I have grown out of the age that I have to go and visit the Easter Bunny and get my picture taken. I'm not sure if it was out of torture or if my folks were unaware, but my Easter picture with the rabbit was torture. The rabbit always reeked of alcohol. I wasn't sure if his legs were bouncing from all the hopping of delivering presents OR if he was going through withdrawl from his last hit.
So before the overdose of Egg Salad kicks in...
Hopefully you are reading this the day AFTER Easter.
So before you take your kids to get their Easter picture with the rabbit, make sure that Micheal Jackson isn't in your home town moonlighting with yet another freaky mask.
Dishes will be their later, but if your family refuses to leave, I recommend breaking dishes on the floor or where ever you can throw them. Begin crying and screaming about how no one in the family understands or listens to you. When the family members start leaving the room to find something else more entertaining to do...Mission Complete. Grab the paper and enjoy the peace and quiet. And to keep everyone thrown off track, break an occasional cup and mutter something about how ungrateful everyone is.
HOPPY EASTER. May your toilets not overflow with those other chocolate treats.