CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, April 16, 2009

What the Tweet? And even Twitter is being used as a social marketing device?



If you know what a "Tweet" is you are far ahead of most of society.
Twitter is a service that lets you send a "micro-blog", up to 140 characters in length. These messages can be sent SMS, IM, the Twitter website, or many other third party applications.

Many people use the popular application Twitter, a.k.a Twittering: from comedian Dane Cook, to musician Dave Matthews, even our newly elected President Barack Obama supposedly uses the application!

See more on BostonCS's Blog on Celebrity Twitters



Even I have a Twitter and you can Follow Me on there too!

Recently there was a mini, pseudo-feud between talk show host, Ellen Degeneres and rapper, MC Hammer. Seeing who Ellen twittered next and whether or not MC Hammer was going to tweet to her unresolved twitter was quite entertaining. They even had videos posted to each other describing their delay of communication on Twitter.



First there was MC Hammer's apology to Ellen in a rap song using his family. You will have to Google it. I couldn't find the appropriate link. If you find the video, please help out and post a comment to the link so that I can update this page with the correct information. THANKS!



When Ellen finally received his Tweet she responded with her own video which also included her mom! I laughed hysterically when I saw this. Her mom is soo cool. I'm wondering if I could ever talk my mom into doing one of these. See the Ellen rap with her mom to MC Hammer's Twitter Response

Here are some sites that I still have to check out. If you have any experience with any of these please provide comments. Sharing information about tools that work and don't work is the only way that we can find the best Twitter tools. I can use some of the reviews to put next to the website, offering visitors more information about these tools. AND... if you have any other suggestions let me know and I will add them to my blog.

  1. Magpie - Seen Magpie yet?
    Get money from finding advertisers that want to advertise on your twitter. According to the website, "For any new Advertiser who signs up through your personal referral link, you will earn a 30% commission of our transaction fees. Not just once, but for the whole first year this Advertiser buys campaigns on Magpie!" Use my referral link to make more money http://be-a-magpie.com/xhlig7Chirp, chirp!
  2. Twittervision - A geographical visualization, in real time, of posts to Twitter. Its a Twitter mashed up with Googlemaps. You must have an image, twitter account and a location to be identified on the map. It is a pretty neat site that allows you to see the world in a classic map like view or in an outer space view where you see the entire planet Earth in 3-D.
  3. TwitterButtons - What a neat Twitter Tool site. I have used this "make your own Follow Me" Twitter linkable image. Tired of typing your Twitter link and then writing in the html script for people to follow you? Is the look of a hot link to your Twitter page too boring? Try out this tool and see if you can't get more Tweeters. It is quick and easy to make your own Twitter Follow button in one second!




  4. Twtvite - Need help planning a meetup, then why not have a Tweetup? LOL. I haven't used this service yet. But I am planning on trying it out for the next gathering I have. If I link it to my Facebook, LinkedIn, and MySpace, I'll have covered almost every major social network that I am active on. I know I might have missed a few others. But then again, with Twtvite I won't have to do that, right? If you are longing for face to face contact you can even find a local tweet up in your area.
  5. Twittonary - Not quite sure of all the Twitter-ific words out there? Need a place that can help you with basic internet language? Then try the Twittonary! You can try searching for a word a searching through the Twitter-ish dictionary.




  6. TweetDeck - According to the website, "TweetDeck is your personal browser for staying in touch with what’s happening now, connecting you with your contacts across Twitter, Facebook and more.TweetDeck shows you everything you want to see at once, so you can stay organised and up to date."
  7. TwitPic - As if texting your friends your photos, now you can Twitter them! You can post pictures from your phone, the internet...just about anywhere.
  8. FutureTweets - I just signed up for this service. It seems like a great concept. I'll let you know how it goes. Basically the idea is that through FutureTweets you can schedule your Twitter to update with messages according to a particular schedule.Those of you that update often might want to use this service.


  9. Remember the Milk - A way to organize your tasks on the go, this way you don't have to worry about remembering the milk. You can organize items into lists, access your online tasks offline, locate on a map your task, and so much more.
  10. Twitalyzer - You can find out how you rank in the Twittering world based on influence, signal-to-noise ratio, velocity, generosity, and clout. Do you dare to see where you stand? Type in your Twitter user name and check it out!



  11. CelebrityTweet! - Now you too can stalk your own celebrity on Twitter. I'm not sure if I like it or if it is mildly disturbing. But either way it satisfies my celeb-reality addiction!



2 comments:

jeyaganesh said...

Never know about twitter before.. Your post helps me a lot...

keep blogging...

jeyaganesh
cybergyaan.blogspot.com

VideoSwiper said...

Why not use a fully automated Twitter poster to enhance your position within the Twitter community, there are many automated applications and softwares around now including http://www.twitterxtreme.com